Travelling to La Varenne – part of your holiday!
La Varenne, 24300 St Front la Rivière, France
Travelling through France can be a real pleasure: make travelling to La Varenne Farmhouse part of your holiday. Here’s some useful information on airports, trains, car hire, and ferries.
Many of our guests choose to drive down, taking the Eurotunnel or a ferry. To help plan your journey, here are approximate travel times from some of the main ports in France to La Varenne Farmhouse:
- Caen, Le Havre, or St Malo – approximately 5-6 hours
- Cherbourg – approximately 6-7 hours
- Calais – approximately 8 hours
For route planning, we’ve found ViaMichelin is useful to help calculate the cost of the journey, with options to avoid/include toll roads.
The Eurostar from London St Pancras to Angoulême takes under 7 hours, and allows around an hour for the transfer from Paris Gare du Nord to Paris Montparnasse. You’ll find car hire at Angoulême, under an hour from La Varenne Farmhouse.
We are well served by low-cost airlines from the UK. Some of our guests have found Skyscanner a useful comparison site. To further help your search, here are Local Airports with approximate travel time to La Varenne Farmhouse:
- Limoges – 1 hour drive, UK Flights with Ryanair, Flybe
- Bergerac – 1½ hour drive, Ryanair, Flybe
- Brive – 2 hour drive, Ryanair
- Bordeaux – 2 hour drive, Flybe, Easyjet
- Poitiers – 2 hour drive, Ryanair
- La Rochelle – 2½ hour drive, Ryanair
A car is fairly essential once you’re here. All the airports and stations above have car hire. Our guests recommend using a search engine such as rentalcars or travelsupermarket before booking.
Please contact us for more details about our holiday home, availability and prices.